While digging through the year-old source code to review http://blog.daniely.im‘s current design, I finally got to the bottom of something that’s been bugging me for a while. I remember when first designing that name card on the top of the landing page, I spent a considerable amount of time and effort to get it my liking. It looks like this now (because by the time I post this, it should be gutted):
After sinking a ton of time getting this right, I remember not really being impressed with the results, but after working on it for so long, I justified to myself that I had to keep it there even though it was a bit of an eyesore and didn’t push any boundaries of sleek design.
Flash forward a year later, this is the first thing I gut out with a swift press of a delete key. Loss aversion is a bitch. I just wish I could have recognized it earlier.